Friday, September 6, 2013

Revlon Lip Butter - Wild Watermelon



Wild watermelon was one of 3 or 4 ( I can’t remember for sure) shades release for S/S 2013. I picked it up earlier this year and forgot I had it, (as you do, as you do). I didn't end up wearing it till the summer rolled around. When I finally began wearing it I fell in love immediately and so decided to do a quick review if it here. 

I'd definitely categorise this shade as a bright warm middle ground red, (get me with my concise description). On first application it goes on quite sheer in a 'just bitten' kind of way however it can be built up without any effort to semi opacity. I would however warn that because of  it's sheer nature it will inevitably vary from person to person depending on how red their lips are to begin with. Also another point of note is that, in the bullet it appears to have an iridescence to it, but that does not translate onto the lips. 

Wild watermelon like all the other lip butter shades is creamy, moisturising and balm-y in texture. The wear time of this shade is 2-3 hours tops. It's not amazing at durability but maybe a contributing factor to that is it’s yummy scent. It smells like a vanilla desert and will make you want to lick your lips constantly, for realz! I'm certainly guilty of that. *grin. 


Wild Watermelon can be worn as the focal point of a look paired simply with a striking winged liner and lashings of mascara or as part of a softer look with a blusher in the similar colour family to it, so as to appear in harmony. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...