Sunday, March 24, 2013

Clearasil Vitamins & Extracts Wash and Mask - Review




Ah the Clearasil face wash and mask! I’d been wanting to write a post on this product for the longest time and even longer than that I’ve been wanting to buy it.

I’ve now been trailing this wash & mask for nearly a year now (wow how time flies), and I thought what better time to review it than the present. So on this lovely quite Sunday afternoon, that’s exactly what I shall be doing. So grab yourselves a cup of tea and lets discuss the Clearasil wash and mask. 


My main reason for buying this was because I was looking for a budget version of the Aesop Parsley Seed Mask, and to some extent it is. I previously sampled the Parsley Seed Mask and loved but couldn’t justify the price (£27 for 60 ml) eek! Now, granted the Clearasil wash and mask has an entirely different ingredient list as well as consistency, but for me, I was in the market for a clay based mask in tube form (rather than a sachet like the Montagne Jeunesse brand and this fit the profile.

So as I mentioned, the consistency of this mask is considerably runny, more so than your traditional clay masks, its comparable to a slightly thick night cream. It contains Avocado and Pomegranate extracts which are both great antioxidant sources, although how much Avocado and Pomegranate it contains? I’m not sure, as its quite far down the ingredient list. It has a lights minty colour, sort of like the inside or an avocado and funnily enough it also smell of avocado too (I wonder why?). The bottle contains 150 ml and retails for £4.99 in Boots and Superdrug. 

Now, I know Clearasil Vitamins & Extracts is marketed as a wash & mask, but I had no intent of using it as a wash. In fact I have plenty of cleansers that do just a good-a job if not better. I mainly wanted it as a deep cleaning, clarifying mask. That is why I compare it to the Aesop Parsley Seed Mask and to be honest I was very impressed. I use about a walnut size spread all over my face but concentrated on my t-zone on a weekly basis and let it sit and dry up into a hard mask for about 15-20 minutes. I found using it this way was very effective at cleaning out my pores from the weekly grim and it was quite nourishing as it claimed on the bottle. 

In terms of what kind of skin this would suit, I’d probably say ‘all skin type’ although it can be quite drying. I mean I use this on my dry and dehydrated skin and it fine. I just make sure to moisturise well afterwards. So I’m guessing for combination to oily skin this wash and mask will work a treat. 

My only qualms with this product it the stupid angle at which the lid opens, it’s so frustrating. It’s quite difficult to explain but I’ll do my best. Basically the lid opens sideways as the hinge is on the side, However I forget that it opens that way, so when I open it as though the lid has a hinge is in the centre it proves difficult especially if your hands are wet. 

Overall though I really like this mask and would recommend it to anyone below the age of 30 (mature skin is a different matter). For £4.99 its a steal especially as it will last a long time. 

However, will I buy it again... Maybe not, only because I have a ton of it left anyway and it doesn’t look like it’s going to run out soon plus I’m rarely faithful to a product unless its holy grail material. I quite like to trying different beauty products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...