Monday, May 13, 2013

L'Oreal - Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain - 102 Romy




Let me preface by saying, I had no idea what this gloss/stain hybrid by L’Oreal was officially called. I had to do a bit o’ digging online before I found their crazy long name. Anyway, here it is the L’Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain. For the purpose of this blogpost I shall be abbreviating to just ‘wet shine stain’. 

Now this product isn’t exactly a brand new release, it’s definitely been around for a good few months now but for the longest time I wasn’t interested in getting it at all (because I hate glosses so much) regardless recently I had a few points on my Boots card and I was perusing their isles as you do as you do and stopped at the wet shine stain stand and thought why the hell not it’s not as if I’m spending real money on it, so I bought it, and let me tell ya.. I was not disappointed. 


The actual gloss itself comes in a sleek elongated bullet shaped packaging with a gold finish giving it a very high-end look. The window panel of colour on the packaging is brilliant as it’s an accurate representation of the colour inside. I’m glad make-up brands are picking up on this trend as it makes for a refreshing change to what previously would have been a sticker or block of colour on the end of the product to indicate what was inside. So that gets a big thumbs up from me. 

The applicator on the inside is shaped as a doe foot, which on closer inspection has a tiny hole in the centre meant for holding the product. The amount of product you get in the actual tube is 6ml which is a fair amount in my opinion. 

On application it feels very cooling, a sort of wet like water sensation as the name suggests. The formula is not sticky in the slightest and adheres to the lips really well. Now it is recommended that if you want the gloss at full potential, you should apply 3 coats of it, waiting a few seconds between each application. The way it works is that the first coat acts as a base and stains the lips the second lends the pop of colour and the third gives it the final glossy punch.

In terms of wear I generally get about 3-4 hours wear out the gloss before the colour starts to fade however throughout this time I do eat and drink as normal (you know me, ain’t nothing stopping me from eating!) but in all seriousness this gloss/stain is as low maintenance as it gets. It doesn't feather, or settle into any lines, or require any prepping on the lips before hand. The one tiny downfall with the wet shine stain is (you guessed it) the scent. It’s extremely floral. So if someone is easily offended by floral scents they should really think about it before making a purchase especially as the scent will linger directly under the nose. 

The shade I picked up is 102 Romy, which is a mauvey pink shade, perfect for the everyday and can be amped up further with a different pink lip-stain if you choose to wear it as an evening lip-combo.

Overall I would recommend these wet shine stains to whoever is interested, and thats saying a lot from someone who previously never liked the feeling of lip-glosses. 

Let me know in the comments below if you’ve tried any of L’Oreal wet shine stains, if you liked them, and if you combine them with anything else to make them pop further. 

The L’Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain are now available in Boots and Superdrug in the UK and Monoprix in France. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...