Saturday, May 11, 2013

Whats On My Face - Full Coverage


Recently make-up looks have been all about the minimal, 4 product looks are rife across the blogosphere at the moment, and most days thats exactly what I want. However sometime regardless whats on trend or the season we’re in, we crave a full face of make-up. Today I shall walk you through such look that I’m supporting today. 


I start with my Make-Up For Ever HD foundation in 117 I used my hand to blend it across my face, partly because my Sigma foundation brush is currently drying but also I find I get the best result with this foundation is after I warm it between my fingers first. 

While I wait for my foundation to set, I move directly to my eyebrows and apply the (cheep as chip but highly effective) 2true clear mascara. I’m blessed in that I don’t need to do anything else to my eyebrows just a bit of clear mascara to set them in place so they don’t move around during the day and thats it. The next step is UD Primer Potion I use this on days I’m going to do a heavy eye look, Estée Lauder warm smokey palette is perfect for this look, I’m not sure of the exact name for this palette but I’ve had it for a while now and it has the perfect shades for a smoldering brown eye. To achieve said smokey eye I’m going to use the pink shade in the centre of the bottom row as an all over shade, the matt dark brown beside it to blend out the socket line and the creamy/champagne colour on the top row as an inner corner highlight. Also because I’m in the mood for a particularly heavy look I’m going to apply MAC’s eyeshadow in Sable on top of the pink we started off with to give it that extra smokiness (go big or go home right?)

To balance out the smokey eye, and to prevent the eyes from looking shrunken and small I apply Rimmel Scandaleyes kohl kajal in nude to my waterline so my eyes can look wide set and awake and apply MAC’s eyeliner in Teddy to my top lash line for added definition. I then curl my lashes with Shu Umeura eyelash curlers (not pictured) and apply MAC’s Waterproof mascara

Moving onto lips directly, I apply my favourite pinky nude, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable balm Stain in Honey. The perfect long wearing lip balm/stain hybrid, and a slick of Barry M lipgloss in toffee on top for some dimension. Finally I then set the look with a translucent powder from Too Faced down my t-zone so the look can last all day. 

Now I know this look isn’t for everyone, and it most certainly a look classified under ‘evening’ but hey! Make-up has no rules so why restrict ourselves. Let me know in the comment below if you have a go to heavy make-up look or if you like this one. I’d love to know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...