Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring Look #1 Baby Pinks




I don't know about anyone else but when it comes to spring I'm all about refreshing my makeup wardrobe as it were and embracing the brighter colours. So over a period of two days I will share with you, my go to spring looks. 

Today's look is based around pinks mostly with a shot of blue eyeshadow just to keep things interesting. 

Right, first I begin by achieving a flawless base. For this I use the Makeup Forever HD Foundation in shade 117.  I usually use my Sigma round top kabuki F82 for this. However blending it with hands works well too. 

Next I move onto the eyeshadow. I pack the blue shade from my NYX trio all over the lid and blend with the lighter shade of the two pinks in the crease to soften the look. I then curl my lashes and apply the Collection 2000 Skylash lengthening mascara. This mascara is absolutely amazing because of the added fibres in the formula that give extra length and drama to the eyelashes. 

By this time, my foundation had set well. So I proceed to apply my cream blush. For this I'm using my Mayberlline Dream touch blush. I'm not sure what shade colour, (its not written on the packaging) but its a lovely baby pink. This blush is a very creamy textured, so I use the lightest touch and apply with my fingertips, blending well. 

Finally I move to the lips, and to tie the entire pink look together, I apply a waterproof lip pencil for my base. For this I'm using Make Up For Ever aqua lip in 15C and a Hotlights lipgloss by Collection 2000 on top. The colour I'm using is No:2 Dazzle a gorgeous shocking pink. 

Altogether, I'd say this look takes me roughly 10 minutes to apply if I'm being meticulous an its such a cheery, bright spring look. 


Let me know in the comments if you try this look, or a similar one using pinks. 

Tomorrows post will be another spring look, but using corals and peachy tones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...