Friday, March 1, 2013

Review: Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub & Body Buttercream.



































Soap and Glory is a brand that has been around for quite a while, but for some reason I’d never bought anything from them in the past. I'm racking my brains trying to think of why? I mean, I constantly walked by their stand in Boots pick up their products, give them a sniff, approve and thought hmmm that's nice, but just never bought anything. That is until the Sugar Crush collection came along...

The Sugar Crush range smells mouthwateringly edible and I'm not gonna lie I even gave it a quick lick to see if it tastes as good as it smells, which is why I can safely say, don't try it! 

The range features a Body Scrub, Body Butter and Body Wash (which I didn’t get) and together they retail for £25 at Boots but as any savvy Boots shopper will tell you, (and in this case do as I say and not as I did) always buy it on 3 for 2. Boots have these offers on often enough so it is not hard to catch them! Now with mine, I bought them back in November of last year and have been using them since. I’ve reached roughly halfway though both of them which all things considered makes them good value for money. 

With Soap and Glory they’ve managed to fill a very specific niche in the market with their cute packaging and anecdotal witty labeling, I don’t think I’ve seen anything like it before. Depending on where you keep products whether placed on your vanity or in the bathroom it brightens up that area instantly. 



Now to the review of the products...

The Body Scrub contains smashed Brown Sugar and Macadamia grains which form the main scrubby bits, Sweet Lime and Almond Oil for nourishment and hydration and together the marriage of these ingredients has formed an amazing scrub of epic proportions. When I first used this scrub I used it on wet skin, this wasn’t as effective because the scrub didn’t stick to the skin so well. So the next time I tried it, I used it directly on dry skin and with that I got a more effective result. On the actual packaging it says it could be used up to 3 or 4 times a week but I've found that once a week is quite enough to keep the dry skin and flakiness at bay.

The Body Butter on the other hand smells much sweeter than the Scrub. It contains Shea & Cocoa nut balm, Lime, Almond oils and Kiwi juice water. It’s such a treat to use and though it’s considerable more thicker in consistency than a normal body lotion it sinks into the skin just as quick, so you don't have to wait around for ages before you can get dressed. 

However the scent of the Body Butter does linger on the skin for a few hours afterwards this can be viewed as good or bad depending on the individual. The reason for this is, it could interfere with any perfume you may wish to apply later or just the simple fact that though you might enjoy using the product you might not necessarily wish to smell very sweet throughout the day. I myself don’t particularly mind the scent lingering, I just don’t wear perfume that day and embrace the whole Soap and Glory experience. 



All in all, this product definitely gets the thumbs up from me and its a definite repurchase. 



Tell me in the comments below what your favourite Scrubs and or Body Butters are, I’d love to know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...