Saturday, March 2, 2013

Monthly favourites: February 2013




Though it maybe the 2nd of March I think it's still reasonable and acceptable enough for me to do my February favourites. (Give me a break its my first monthly favourite on this blog, I even woke up early to post it!!)

Now where to begin, there's not a lot of products this month a grand total of 6 items. So I'll just get started.




Moroccan Oil
This product needs no introduction. It has a cult beauty following and rightly so. This stuff is absolutely the bees knees and I will forever have it in my haircare collection. It is definitely a firm beauty favourite in my books and I used it everyday for the entire month.

I massage a pump or two (depending) throughout the length of my hair and it leaves my locks super smooth until my next shower. It's non greasy so it doesn't weigh down the hair and it has an amazing scent that I'll just butcher if I try to describe it here. Suffice to say, if you get the chance to smell it then please do. I've been known to actually go about my day smelling my hair like a loon when I use this product.

Origins Dr Weil Mega Bright Skin Correcting Serum
This stuff is obscenely expensive. It is hands down the most expensive skincare item I've ever bought. I mean it physically hurt when I made the purchase. However, using it has definitely helped the recovery process. Its really brightened up my complexion (as this was the main problem I suffered from) leaving the skin with a subtle luminosity about it. It's perfect for the cold wintery months.

Burberry London Perfume
This is an old perfume that been around for over a decade. Nevertheless I love it. I think the fact that it been around for ages is an attestation to how good it is. You'll only need a few sprays and the scent lasts for the entire day, actually you can even smell it on you clothes the next day! The scent opens on a very fresh zingy note leading the way to very deep woody one. Very British, very me!

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Lovesick
I love this lip colour, on a lazy day I'll use just this, a bit of mascara and a tinted moisturiser and that would be my makeup done. This lip stain is incredibly long wearing, hydrating and the colour Lovesick had the ability to perk up the face immediately. A review of this whole line will be coming soon on this blog.

Lancôme Hypnose Star Mascara & Maybelline Great Lash Mascara
This combination has been my choice for the month of February. The Lancôme Hypnose Star is an amazing mascara in its own right. It provides a good amount of length and volume, but I've had my sample sized one for a while now and it's on it's last legs meaning its dried up quite a bit. So what I do to maximise use from it is, after curling my lashes I apply Maybelline Great Lash mascara first for length, this is because the formula is more wet, then on top of that I apply the Lancôme Hypnose Star for added volume and together they provide the perfect false lash effect.

So that's my February 2013 favourites done. Tell me in the comments below if there was a product you've found yourself reaching for a lot this past month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...