Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Review: Origins Drink-Up Intensive Overnight Mask





Another day, another post. Today I come to you with a post that essentially is deceleration of love for the Origins Drink-Up Intensive Overnight Mask.

But first a little back story...




It was roughly last year when I was struck by the sobering reality that I was now in my mid 20's. So as a coping mechanism I made the conscious decision to start investing more in my skincare. This meant no more picking up cheap skincare from the drugstore that was filled with harsh chemicals, silicones and empty fillers. Instead I started to look towards premium skincare of the natural and organic kind.

Enter Origins Drink-Up Intensive Overnight Mask.

This is a mask like no other I've tried. It is not the same in formulation as the more traditional masks that are clay based which after application tend to dry up. Instead this mask applies like a very thick moisturiser. It is meant (as the name suggests) to be used overnight as the last step of a nighttime skincare routine and in the morning your skin will have quite literally drunk it up!

However just as a heads up if you're anything like me and apply tons of it, it does have a tendency to leave a tacky film on the face. But after a few minutes it sinks right in. Just make sure you don't lay on your side as it may transfer onto your pillow.

In the morning if there is any residue left of the mask I then wipe it off using Bioderma and some cotton pads and proceed to cleanse my face with lukewarm water.

For extremely dry skin this mask can used every night as an alternative to night cream. But if you'd prefer using it more as a treatment I suggest using it once a week. Although if we're being completely honest here, if my skin was feeling particularly tight, dry or flaky I'd some times used a very thin layer of it as day cream (Controversial I know).

Another thing to note about the mask is its scent. It smells very strongly of peaches and apricots. This for me raised a bit of a concern as essentially the mask would be sitting on my face for the entire night and as I'd bought mine online and didn't test it out in a store prior (something I recommend everyone do) I was a little worried. But thankfully I did not react to the scent.

I've now been using this mask for 5 months and I've noticed a huge difference in my skin. Which is why I can safely say this mask has definitely become part of my staple skincare and its here to stay.

The best thing about this mask is the price tag, it retails for £20 for 100ml and if you consider that most night-creams can go for much more £££ for much less ml, it makes the Drink-Up Intensive Mask well worth the buck.

The Origins Drink-Up Intensive Overnight Mask is available in Boots, John Lewis, Debenhams, Selfridges and online here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...