Monday, March 25, 2013

Clarasonic Mia - Review


Seen as I did a review yesterday on a wash & mask I thought it was an appropriate interlink into todays review on the Clarasonic Mia. By now you’ll all probably own one or have at least heard of it, but just incase I’ll include a quick description of what this cleansing system does. 

About the Clarasonic Mia:

The Claraonic Mia is a sonic cleansing system for the face. It work by deep cleaning the skin by vibrating in circular motions. This technology gently removes daily build-up of grime, sebum and impurities with micro-massage motions. It’s advised to spend 20 seconds on the forehead area, 20 seconds of the nose & chin and finally 10 second for each cheek, making it all together 1 minute. The Clarasonic bleeps in-between each interval so you don't have to count. However I tend to just ignore all this and use it according to where on my face I need it the most. Here are some facts from the official website:

  • Cleanses 6x better than with your hands alone in just 60 seconds
  • Works with skin, not against it, to gently massage away impurities trapped within pores
  • Prepares skin for better absorption of creams, serums and moisturizers
  • Gentle enough to use 2x a day

I’m not quite sure about that last one, I generally use it 3-4 times a week. If I used it any more frequent I might just over exfoliate my face. 

The Claraonic Mia comes in many shades as well as different brush heads. I think my one is just the regular brush head, but theres also ones for sensitive skin and one for deep pores which would be better suited for people who suffer from acne. It also comes with a trial size hydro cleanser which I’m not a fan of, hence why I haven’t used it, but it was free so I ain’t complaining. 

My thoughts on the Claraonic Mia:

I absolutely love it. I have no negatives to say about it, except it that its not ideal for traveling. However that said, For me personally, this was possibly the best beauty investment I ever made. Sure the £120 price tag it comes with is very steep, but if you think about it as cost per use its quite good value for money (well at least that was how I rationalized it to myself). Plus it doesn't require any batteries and its waterproof so you can take it into the shower with you.

I use it with all kinds of cleansers, ones that lather up and ones that don’t, high-end and drugstore and it works a treat with all. I use it as my second stage of cleansing after I remove the bulk of my make-up with cotton pads and bioderma and it removes all traces of makeup leaving behind baby soft and smooth skin. After a few weeks of using the Claraonic Mia I noticed that my pores appeared reduced and the I was getting little to no break outs. 


The Claraonic Mia definitely gets a thumbs up from me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...