Saturday, March 30, 2013

Bourjois Sweet Kiss Naturel Lipstick - Review






I know I keep harping on about 'spring lip colours' but I can't help it. I recently reorganised my make-up collection and now I'm rediscovering some long forgotten lipstick shades I have. Among the forgotten is this beautiful Bourjois Sweet Kiss Natural Lipstick in shade 03 Rose Sensuel. When I re-swatched  it on my hand I was surprised to see how spring appropriate it was and thought I had to to do a blog post on it. 


The shade is what can only be described as a muted coral, but on the pinky side rather than the orange, (don't be fooled by the dark colour in the bullet). It's not as vivid and 'in your face' as you'd get with most corals making this shade very daytime/work friendly. The texture of the lipstick is of a very thick balm. This is probably due to the fact that it boasts a 100% natural ingredient list. On application it applies very heavily, sort of like a matt textured lipstick. But matt texture it ain't! All you have to do is rub your lips together to heat/activate the oils in the formulation for it to become emollient and moisturising. This lipstick is perfects for those who suffer from dry lips as it's enriched with Shea Butter, Magnolia Oil and Argan Oil to keep those lips in tip top condition for up to 8hrs (according to the official website). 

This lipstick also keeps it 100% natural in the pigmentation front without compromising on intensity. You'll only need a single slick on and you'd be set for the day, and with a sophisticated selection of antioxidant green tea and soothing rose you'll be safe to know your putting clean and good ingredients next to your mouth!

The packaging of this lipstick is also something to be in admiration of. For as long as I can remember Bourjois have been at the top of their game when it comes to packaging. In this case the clear outer shell of the lipstick is reminiscent of a Dior addict lipstick making it that bit more special when you pull it out to use. 

The Sweet Kiss Natural Lipstick is available nationwide in Boots and Superdrug and comes in 8 shades ranging from the most natural (your lips but better) to the more berry/vampy shades. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...