Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Blue & Purple Mascara Trend Autumn/Winter 2013



Today I come to you with a prediction. Well, it’s not so much a prediction as an observation, but just go along with me... Coloured mascara, specifically blues, purples and greens are going to be all the rage this coming season. This is something I’ve been wanting to blog about ever since I saw it feature up and down the catwalks last month at London fashion. 



Now, Coloured mascara is not a new and revolutionary concept, not by any stretch of the imagination. It’s most certainly been around for a while, but its coming back, and coming back with a vengeance. 

This season in makeup it all about the experimenting. Crazy blue, purple and green mascara were featured at the Dior Couture show A/W 2013 as well as Stella McCartney A/W 2013 to name a few. 

Now, granted this is just a passing trend. So while you might be brave and want try it out yourself, you might not be as willing to pay the premium price tag that comes with something like the Estée Lauder Sumptuous Colour Mascara or YSL volume effect faux cilsSo instead I’ve come up with a budget version using all drugstore products for this trendy look that wont break the bank.

For this budget look, I chose the 2True mascara in No: 4 Meteor (blue) and No:5 Storm (purple). These mascaras are long lasting and smudge proof formulas with protein enriched conditioners for the lashes and best of all they’re only £1.99 each. The bristles of the mascara wand while are not anything special manage to apply a good coating of colour without clumping the lashes together.  

I also thought I’d take a leaf out of the A/W catwalk book and amp this look up with a complementary eyeliner in the respective shade to make more of a statement and make it more striking. For this I chose Collection 2000 Extreme 24 hour felt tip liner in No:4 Teal and No:3 Blue. On a side note, the teal shade is actually blue and the blue shade is purple (I hope thats not confusing). Also another side note, beware these liners are a complete bitch to remove. My beloved Bioderma has finally met its match. 

This look though sound weird and wacky one paper you only have to look at the catwalk photos to see how well it works. It’s a treat on both brown and blue eyes and I can’t get enough of it!

Let me know if you try it and what your thoughts are of it.

Picture is borrowed from this website. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...