Thursday, March 14, 2013

My Top 6 Most Used Beauty Tools.


Beauty tools are often overlooked in favour for actual makeup, especially by those who are just starting out themselves. I know I was guilty of this too. 

However make-up artists and those who work in the industry advise that you can achieve a much better result by spending less on actual makeup and spending more on the tools to apply them with, and I must say I agree. 

Now I don't like to throw around the words 'holy grail' too often but when it comes to my beauty tools I have a fair few I just cannot and will not live without. 

Here is the list...

I've been using the Shu for a few years now and I love it. Prior to buying it I used to use a cheapy one from Boots which was absolutely terrible at curling my lashes. Instead of curling them it would crimp them and pinch the skin around my eyes. 

Apparently, the best eyelash curlers on the market are those made by Japanese companies. Muji are said to make amazing eyelash curlers too, though I haven’t tried them. The reason for this is because they cater for Far Eastern eye shapes which are almond in shape with short rod straight eyelashes. This combination is relatively hard to achieve a curl in, so the companies really know how to design eyelash curlers that can do the job. 

The Sigma - Round Top Kabuki -F82. This is by far my favourite way to apply foundation. It's dense bristles give a flawless finish without packing to much foundation on. This is hands down the best brush investment I ever made and I use it everything I apply my foundation. 

Ah my beloved Straighteners! I could wax lyrical about them all day, I love them so much. I use them to straighten (obviously) as well as curl my hair. I don't even use my curlers because it just so easy to use the straightens instead.  

I love my muslin cloth. Dare I say it, this cloth which I got free with a Liz Earle order I made is more beloved to me than my £120 Clarasonic Mia. Don't get me wrong, the Mia is amazing and I will be doing a separate blog post on it soon, but it just didn't make the cut into my top beauty tools. 

The muslin cloth is great at achieving a perfect exfoliation and polish. I manages to get to those hard to reach areas of the face like around your nose. It's also perfect for traveling as it's compact and there's no risk of it breaking. 

I've bunged these two together because they came together and Oh My God! They are invaluable to me. I don't know how I survived before I got them. Tweezermen tweezers are simply the sharpest and most precise tweezers out there, and paired with a 10x magnified mirror no hair can escape!

The bonus with the Tweezermen tweezers is the fact that they come with a lifelong warranty to get resharpened if they ever get blunt making it the best investment ever! 

These too are invaluable to me. It's amazing how something so cheap and small can be so useful. I use these every time I wash my brushes to stop them from splaying. I also use them when I'm traveling for the same effect. 



So these were all my top/most used beauty tools, let me know in the comments what your top beauty tools are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...