Sunday, March 17, 2013

I ❤ drugstore makeup Tag


Today I thought I'd do longer post seen as it’s the weekend and I'm in a chatty mood. I decided to do the I ❤ drugstore makeup Tag.  

Currently this tag seems to be circulating like wildfire on YouTube and I must admit I quite enjoy watching them, so I thought I'd do my own version.

Here goes...


1. What is your favourite drugstore makeup brand?

Wow! This is a tough one. Can my answer be all of them (just kidding). Okay if I had to choose at gun point or something (imagine that, lets just stop for a second and ponder the idea of someone stopping you at gun point and demand to know what you fav drugstore make-up brand is, anyway I digress... I'd choose Rimmel the reason for this is that they are on an absolute roll right now. Their Apocalips lip lacquers are comparable to some premium brands, their blushes & mascaras are amazing and their Wake Me Up foundation is simply the best in the drugstore at the moment. 

2. What are your favourite face, cheek and lip products?

For face, again it's got to be the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation but a close second would definitely be the bourjois Healthy Mix foundation.

For cheeks, it would be the Fashionista customizable blush quad (it now also comes in a pan of 6). They have a variety of blush colours including some Matt shades (because not everyone likes a ton of shimmer on their cheeks) The blushes are extremely pigmented. Did I mention the palette is customizable, so you can swap out your pans depending on your need making it very travel friendly. The best thing of all is; it packs a massive mirror on the inside lid making it one less thing you new to carry. 

For lips it is hands down and without a doubt the Revlon kissable balm stains. I'd never been so excited about makeup new release until these were released late last year. I own them in every shade including the ones that were only released in the US and on a day to day basis they are mostly what I wear. They are seriously pigmented last on the lips forever and are incredibly moisturizing.  

3. What is your least favourite product?

I had to take a break and think about this one purely because if I don't like something I get rid of it immediately in order to keep my make-up collection compact and filled with only things I use.  

That said, I did a bit of root around in my makeup collection and for some reason the Sleek Storm Palette that I don't particularly like because of the ridiculous amount of fallout and creasing (regardless of applying a primer or not) seems to have stuck around. So there we have it.

4. What is the best makeup bargain?

This ones a no brainer it had to be the MUA Undressed eyeshadow palette. This palette is MUA's answer to Urban Decay's Naked palette as its a complete dupe of its neutral shades. Its also a complete bargain at only £4:00 so it won't break the bank.


5. What is your favourite underdog product?

The product I'm about to mention is a complete underdog in every sense of the word, the reason for this is because I've heard nobody, absolutely nobody talk about it not on any beauty blogs or YouTube videos, and the product is...(drum rolls please) the 2True clear mascara.

What do you use the clear mascara for I hear you ask? Well, I'm glad you asked my dear friends! I use it to brush my eyebrows. The mascara acts as a gel to keeps my pesky eyebrow hairs in check for the remainder of the day (sorry for the slightly creepy visual) and of all the clear mascaras I've used this one is by far the best of them all. Superdrug always had 2True products of 3 for £5:00 so I tend to by them in bulks of three and just store them.
6. A drugstore product that is over priced?


For me, this is definitely mascara. More specifically from the brands MaxFactor or L'Oreal. Their prices are upwards of £6:99 for MaxFactor and £9:99 for L’Oreal for the basic ones, with some of the newer ones reaching almost £12:00. I’m sorry but thats just ridiculous pricing, for that amount I could add a few more pounds and treat myself to a really nice (award winning) high-end mascara from the likes of Clinique or Lancome. My only tip for away around the pricing is to wait until Boots or Superdrug have the 3 for 2 offer (which is a decent amount of times though-out the years) and buy the mascaras then

7.Show your best drugstore dupe(s)

This is a bit of a tough one for me as I’m not one for buying crazy amount of make-up especially high end make-up, my bank balance won’t allow for it! Before I purchase something I do tons of research on it and make sure I don’t have a dupe of it. However when the MUA Undressed Palette came out I just couldn’t resist getting it, even if it was a complete carbon copy of the Urban Decay Naked Palette. 


8. Drugstore product that isn't worth the hype?

This is a going to be a bit controversial, but here goes; The drugstore product that I believe to be NOT worth the hype is the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer. I know shock horror! When this was first released, everybody and their pet was talking about how it was holy grail material, but I just couldn’t seem to understand their infatuation with it. This concealer was very drying so it not only sat in my fine lines, but it managed to create wrinkles I never knew I had. It didn't conceal any dark circles, it only managed to created a grey cast under my eyes and if I used it on any breakouts it just made them look flakier. All in all it was an all around terrible product. 



This has been my I ❤ drugstore makeup Tag. I hope you enjoyed it. If you’d like to leave a list of your favourite or non favourite make-up for that matter in the comments below feel free. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...